1. I start my presentation with an attention grabber. I use the most interesting point, quote, statistic or question to grab the audience attention.
2. When introducing myself to the audience, I begin by sharing my related experience and background when I begin. I give examples of my past successful experiences as a reason for future success.
3. Before presenting, I analyze the audience and modify my approach based on the audience. I focus on an audience connect..
4. I organize and structure my points.
5. In my presentation, I clearly state what it is about, why is it important, why should this person care, what success would look like, what do I need from this person, and what am I willing to commit to achieve it.
6. I am good at making effective presentation slides in Power Point.
7. I use metaphors, analogies, examples, facts, data and statistics in my presentations.
8. I consciously limit the number of points to less than five per slide.
9.I support my arguments with trustworthy evidence from authentic sources.
10. I package the information for clarity and memorability.
11. I encourage audience to participate in my presentation.
12. When faced with resistance, I use leading questions to help the audience see the problem from another perspective and possibly change their thinking.
13. I prepare well for a presentation. When it is important, I practice before hand several times.
14. I tailor my presentation strategy, material and approach to different audiences and different levels of people.
15. I handle questions well and am able to think on my feet.
16. While presenting, I use different media such as video, pictures, flip chart, white board, etc.
17.I try to encourage people to make their support of my idea public in a meeting by raising their hand/on a call by voicing it or on email in writing. I used voting as a way to persuade my audience.
18. During my presentation, my walk, posture, space, and facial expressions project ease, warmth and capability.
19. While presenting, I am aware of how I look to others (facial expression, fidgeting habits, losing eye contact, etc.) and try to counter those habits to make a positive impact.
20. I have a command over the room with charisma. I look and sound confident and assertive
21. While presenting, no one has trouble following my thought process.
22.I use examples of other companies as a best practices, popular trends or success stories to persuade others.
23. I buy clothes/products that others admire to create a positive personal brand for myself.
24. I consciously dress well the day I have a presentation. I pay attention to how I am looking and go to the bathroom to freshen up before an important presentation.
25. When nervous, I take steps to boost my self-confidence before the interaction by getting pepped up, doing breathing exercises, talking to someone, visualizing, saying a quote or motto to myself, use self-talk, etc.
26. When I encounter resistance to my ideas, I paraphrase the opponents’ arguments before presenting my own views.
27. When I get audience questions, I ask good probing questions to understand the other person’s viewpoint.
28. While convincing the audience, I describe the consequences of not doing a particular action or offer some kind of incentive if the organization does.
29. When I know I will face resistance, and I come prepared with other possible solutions. Or I do more homework and approach the person a second time. I do not give up easily.
30. I understand the organization’s power and politics and leverage my network to strategize to make sure the right people are involved and at my presentation.
Sub Total of Listening Engagement :